MOBILE ELECTRONICS & SECURITY FEDERATION
The Mobile Electronics and Security Federation (MESF) is an association of professionals who market products and services that enhance the vehicle owning and driving experience.
The MESF was incorporated in 1996 as private company limited by guarantee and not having a share capital
The MESF applies its income solely to the promotion of its objectives and pays no dividends to its members
The MESF is governed by professionals from a variety of vehicle enhancement sectors
MESF members can be individuals, sole traders, partnerships, limited companies, specialist retailers, installation companies, manufacturers or distributors.
The MESF provides training and qualifications, business benefits, advances the industry and enables members to attain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
The MESF’s vision is for its members to be the premier source for vehicle enhancement information, products and the integration of emerging technology in the vehicle environment.
The MESF is an Institute of the Motor Industry Approved Centre for the assessment and verification of NVQ qualifications and training.
The MESF represents all member classes and all registered professionals to:
- Government agencies
- Regulatory bodies
- Professional organisations
and co-operates with:
- Trade associations
- Interest groups
MESF members of all classes and all registered and accredited technicians may be involved with one or more of the following types of vehicle:
- Motorcycles and scooters
- Cars and light vans
- Light and heavy commercial vehicles including public service and recreational vehicles
- Agricultural vehicles and plant equipment
MESF members of all applicable classes may offer one or more of the following types of vehicle enhancement products and services and belong to a relevant specialist group or division:
- Security including electronic and mechanical devices
- Mobile media including audio and in car entertainment
- Telematics including fleet management and tracking
- Communications including cellular and mobile radio
- Aftermarket equipment including safety aids, van lining and racking, air conditioning and towing equipment
- Auto Electrical including electronic repairs and servicing